Flax Breaded Chicken Nuggets
Create a better breading by swapping 2 tablespoons of BioNatures flaxseeds, whole or ground, for 2 tablespoons of flour for every cup of flour. Prep/Total Time: 30 min. Makes 6 servings
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 2 cups whole wheat or regular panko bread crumbs
- 4 tablespoons of BioNatures ground flaxseeds
- Honey mustard, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°. Mix the first six ingredients; stir in chicken to coat.
- Place bread crumbs in a shallow bowl; add chicken, one piece at a time, and toss to coat. Place 1 in. apart on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake until lightly browned and chicken is no longer pink, 18-20 minutes. If desired, serve with honey mustard.