Slow-Cooker Flax & Coconut Granola
Most Americans fall well below the recommended 25-35 grams of dietary fiber daily. Since 2 tablespoons of flaxseeds have 4 grams of dietary fiber, they can help you reach that goal. Boosting fiber can be as simple as mixing in 2 to 4 tablespoons of ground flaxseeds into your favorite granola. Total Time: Prep: 15 min. Cook: 3-1/2 hours + cooling. Makes 6 cups.
- 4 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 2-4 tablespoons of BioNatures ground flaxseed
- Combine oats, almonds, coconut, cinnamon, ginger, flaxseed, and salt in a 3-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, whisk together oil and maple syrup. Pour into slow cooker; stir to combine. Cook, covered, on low, stirring occasionally, 3-1/2 to 4 hours. Stir in cherries.
- Transfer mixture to a baking sheet let stand until cool.
BioNatures Kitchen tips